sirdf.com Forum Index sirdf.com
Search & Information Retrieval Development Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advertising management software???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    sirdf.com Forum Index -> Making a search engine
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masidani

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to start thinking about how to serve ads on my search engine, but I don't really want to write something from scratch (lazy, me!)

I've looked at phpAdsNew and MaxMediaManager, but they don't really seem what I want. I also need to interface with Paypal.

Any suggestions/recommendations??

Simon
runarb
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been thinking about using a 3party ppc script. A ppc script come with most of the functions one need to allow the users manage ppc campaigns them self. Like performance reports, and keyword biding.

Most can deliver the ppc adds as xml, for easy integration into the rest of the system.

I have been looking at the Hyperseek search engine. It has everything I need, but is fairly expensive.

Se http://www.hyperseek.com/index.php/home/

masidani

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the link. It looks interesting, but I'm more after a slot-in ad manager system that I can put into my own SE to save me having to write my own from scratch (just hate doing that!) I would need to specialize it anyway, because I want advertisers to be able to target their ads to particular preset catgories, not just keywords.

Simon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sirdf.com Forum Index -> Making a search engine All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: