sirdf.com Forum Index sirdf.com
Search & Information Retrieval Development Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you keep yourself motivated??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
masidani

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the topic explains itself! I work a full-time job (in academia) but have this idea for a niche search engine. I've been working on it for about 6 months, but over the last month or so, primarily because of demands on my time from the money-earning FT job, have done very little. Now it seems hard to get back into, especially since the next thing that needs to be done is rather dull, though essential. In the beginning, it seemed so exciting, and that was enough to make me get up early in the morning and hack code. Now, though, it's become a slog.

So, how about some tips on how you keep yourself going? I'm a fairly obstinate person, and don't like giving up, but even so, I need some inspiration!!

Thanks

Simon
masidani.com
GRINApago

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: How do you keep yourself motivated Reply with quote

hello chaps i myself had a wee look in yesterday at the new yorker and it was,nt great. in one game i was watching between michael collumb and michael leslie the referee turned up when young michael was leading three two. he had to ask young michael his name after first asking michal collumb i thought i was hearing things honestly i dont know how i managed to stiffle the laughter.after that i went and began watching mcsorley playing philbin had heard great things regarding mcsorley and could imagine him being a guy i would like watching but not yesterday. the thing was they had a referee dont know why maybe he had just turned up before me thing is the frame finished and out he comes with the trendy new angle they have for setting up the balls now and began lifting the balls into it??? i might be an old school kinda guy but thats not the way to set the balls up is it i thought you placed the angle aroung the reds so as not to damage the table ,you get shouted at where i come from if you done that the guy was an official referee he had his nice blue coat and everything just NO BRAINS so what you guys are saying about the final is no surprise its just a total nonesense what was the competition called by the way or was it just event whatever as usual. what gets engraved on the trophy then??.i would have thought with all the talent at the dissposal of the current board someone might have been afforded the job of title makeruper they seem to be good at making other things up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    sirdf.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: